CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANTS
The below shortlist provides some useful links to external funding opportunities and travel grants. These largely cover travel to national and international conferences or workshops, but conditions do vary so please check individual websites for full details:
- SCI Messel Bursaries cover travel to meetings and for short research placements/lab visits
- FEBS Youth Travel Fund provides grants to assist participation of early-career researchers at FEBS workshops
- Imperial College Trust provides support for students and activities within the College
- Biochemical Society (General Travel Grants) provides grants for members to participate in scientific conferences, training courses or lab visits to learn new techniques. Please note that to be eligible for a grant, applicants need to have been a BioChemical Society member for at least 12 months before applying.
- Biochemical Society (Student Bursaries) provide support to undergraduate and postgraduate student members wanting to attend the Society's conferences.
- Biochemical Society (Early Career Bursaries) provide support for Early Career members wanting support ot attend the Society's Focused Meetings.
- Biochemical Society (Full Member Bursaries) provide support for Full Members wanting support to attend the Society's Focused Meetings.
- RSC Division Travel Grants provide support to cover domestic (up to £200), continental (up to £400) and intercontinental (up to £800) travel to meetings where applicants give oral or poster presentations.
- RSC Analytical Biosciences Group Travel bursaries are offered to suitably qualified UK based academic scientists working in analytical biosciences and provide support to attend conferences and symposia.
- IET General Travel Fund provides support for IET members travelling to present at meetings, or potentially work in other labs or in industry
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- Research Professional is a gateway to a massive resource of up to date research funding and policy information. This includes funding for conferences to research project funding
- Vitae is an organisation which works with universities, supervisors and national bodies to enhance the quality and development of the support and training of researchers. Their website has a large amount of useful information to help you during your PhD and when planning your career. It regularly has information on funding opportunities
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY PHD HANDBOOK
- CDT HANDBOOK 2015/16
- IMPERIAL COLLEGE'S GUIDE TO PG SUCCESS